Established in 1984 via presidential proclamation, Sanctity of Human Life Sunday is an opportunity for us as members of the Body of Christ to thank God for His creation. Read more below.
Your work to uphold the sanctity of human life has a physical, emotional and spiritual impact on your community and demonstrates that each life has value and is loved by Jesus Christ. It is important that we proclaim this truth and come together as the body of Christ to honor the sanctity of each human life.
Your church can help by recognizing Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, which is celebrated across the nation on January 21st of this year. Our materials can also be used at any time of the year, and are free to order or download.
Choose from our menu of free posters & bulletin inserts below.
Feel free to mix and match. Request your materials by January 7 to receive them in time for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. Available while supplies last.
Here’s an excerpt from the sanctity of human life presidential proclamation:
“The values and freedoms we cherish as Americans rest on our fundamental commitment to the sanctity of human life. The first of the ‘unalienable rights” affirmed by our Declaration of Independence is the right to life itself, a right the Declaration states has been endowed by our Creator on all human beings – whether young or old, weak or strong, healthy or handicapped.” Read the full proclamation here.
There are many ways to uphold the value of human life year-round and throughout your day-to-day activities:
- Participate in the upcoming Arizona March for Life in 2024
- Share life-affirming scriptures, such as Psalm 127:3, Psalm 139 and John 10:10
- Learn to have grace and truth-filled conversations with those who hold life-opposing views by attending our Responding with Grace & Truth workshops
- Pray for pregnancy resource centers
- Support a pregnancy center financially and with material donations
- Show grace to a mom who finds herself in an unplanned pregnancy
- Donate gently used clothing and household items to a local pregnancy or resource center
- Host a Baby Bottle Campaign with your church or group – your change can change a life!
- Volunteer at your local pregnancy center to help women, children and families in need
- Consider becoming a foster or adoptive parent
- Provide respite care for a foster family or for the parents of a special needs child
- Share about the orphan crisis in Arizona and the need for foster families
- Volunteer at an assisted living center or nursing home, or simply visit and listen to the resident’s stories
- Ask your pastor if your church has an older adult ministry and find out how you can help, or start one
- Serve an elderly individual in your neighborhood or church
- Pay for a child with disabilities to go to summer camp or participate in camp or another fun activity